We are licensed to issue USSD Service Codes to our clients by all the Mobile Service Providers (MSPs) in Iran.
USSD is a short code such as *789*yourcode# that provides you with an interactive session or menu. USSD is commonly used for applications that involve:
- Surveys or polling using mobile phones
- Feedback systems that allow menu options
- Query systems e.g account balances etc
In Iran, it is widely used by banks and by mobile service providers to handle customer queries
There are two billing options for USSD transactions; pre-paid and post paid. Using Pre-paid USSD, the mobile phone user is charged per USSD session (Kshs. 10 in Iran) while using Post Paid the USSD operator is charged for the cost of using the services per interaction. The procedure for setting up USSD is as follows
- You first request for a USSD test bed – which is valid for 30 days
- After the testing period is over you can then go live i.e. be set up
- You pay monthly maintenance fees thereafter & transaction fees for post paid USSD
To make this great tool more affordable, we also host a shared USSD code at much cheaper setup/monthly maintenance
rates than a dedicated one. If you sign up for this, you will then be allocated a channel within our
shared USSD Code. This is a Post Paid USSD code, which means that the channel owner
will be responsible for paying for the transactions that belong to them.